"Alternative" art first caught my attention a couple of years ago when I visited a small gallery in London that exhibited shit work - literally I mean: sculptures, a lot of them, made by what I recall being a Spanish or South American artist who employs faecis and turn them into art objects. Then there was a dog by the same artist, whom he let die of starvation while calling the process "modern art".

***

The Tate has just bought some William Blake hand-made pictures. The inscription for one of them, depicting a naked man clasping his head in pain as he is consumed by flames, reads: "I sought Pleasure & found Pain." My thought exactly every morning when I go to work; I wonder if I also look the same. The museum paid £441m for these pieces.



Monday 8 March 2010

ResonanceFM



This
video represents my first attempt at understanding installation art from within ...
I contacted artist Bob Smith for an interview and he gave me the opportunity to do so at his radio programme Make Your Own Damn Music at Resonance FM.

The Swedish band singing about farts slightly put me off, so I ended up using the power of the radio to scream "I Love You Dave!". *

I think Bob hates me now.

* I will explain who Dave is at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment